Thai Deep Fried Chicken Wings
20 March 2016
- 1kg Chicken wings
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp pepper powder
- 120g tempura flour
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 700ml MERRIS Pure Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Thai Chili Sauce, for dipping
- Cut the chicken wings into two at the joint and season the chicken wings with fish sauce and pepper powder.
- Toss in the tempura powder into the chicken wings and mix well.
- Mix the crushed ice into the mixture until the ices melted and tempura flour coated evenly on the chicken wings.
- Heat MERRIS cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Drop the chicken wings into the oil by batches when the oil smoked.
- Slightly lower down the heat and remove the chicken wings from the wok when it’s golden brown. Serve hot with the Thai sauce.
Picture source: http://www.foodmanna.net/2011/10/addictive-thai-fried-chicken-peek-gai-todd-recipe.htmli